Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pinterest fail

Note to self... Just because you see it on Pinterest and it looks yummy delicious in a picture, does NOT mean it will be.  I have tried two recipes so far and they've both been disgusting. But, boy oh boy, "everyone" on Pinterest raved about them. The first one was the oven baked fajitas. Blech. Scott liked them. But I can't use him as a barometer. Bless his soul, he will eat anything I put in front of him. Love. That. Man.  The second one was the "make your own tortilla chips". Now, I will say that perhaps if I used corn tortillas, the end result would be different. But I only had flour torts on hand. And several people even commented that they were just as good. Lie!  ;).   They even looked good as I was preparing them...


I will probably try again with corn torts.  Anyone one of my handful of readers ever tried them?  I would love to know. I love love restaurant chips and salsa. 

So, now I need to go check on my husband, whom I've sent outside to spray paint a picture frame... Just like one on Pinterest. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I was going to try the oven baked fajitas. I might rethink that! :-) I was also going to try the tortilla chips...you'll have to let me know how the corn tortillas turn out. Like you, I love love restaurant chips and salsa. :-) I tried my first Pinterest recipe tonight....oreo poke cake. We'll see if it tastes as good as it supposedly does...

    ReplyDelete