Monday, June 21, 2010

My front porch

Well, I think I'm 99% finished with the porch. It's been hot and we haven't done much outside because of the heat. The heat index has been above 100 for multiple days... yowzas! I still have some throw pillows and cushions that I need to work on but that can be done inside... when Shep is napping... which he seems to be having trouble doing lately. Why must he wake up 45 minutes into a perfectly good nap? Would I? No way.

I'm gonna make these images big so you can tell more about the pictures.
DSC_0355
Do you see that floor? Ahhh... yes. My husband stained it for me. 8 hours total in 95+ weather. But it was so worth it. I'm so thankful for him!

DSC_0357
I bought an end table at a yard sale that I plan on using as a hideaway for my hose. I ---er, Scott--- need to spray paint it.

And I did make a monogram pillow like the one I saw on Traci's blog. I think it turned out ok. Just a little big maybe?

DSC_0358

I stuck some greenery in this wreath along with the "G" monogram that I've had a few years. I think I got it at Hobby Lobby a few years ago. Half off of course. And the ribbon? Well, it's Christmas ribbon... but you can't tell unless you get REALLY close. Things like that don't bother me...

DSC_0362

I used my cricut machine to put the number 3 on my well bucket. Because numbers are a trend right now, right? Scott is still trying to figure this one out... but I think it looks great! And do you see that white planter? Isn't it yummy? I just put it there a few days ago. 50 cents at a yard sale. I adore it. I'm just not sure where it's going yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment