Thursday, November 14, 2013

One project...

only takes me fifteen forevers. Seriously? Yes. I have such great intentions but I have even greater excuses. I like to blame it on these two cuties…
I think they make a great excuse for me not being able to complete a task. I wouldn't trade it for anything. But this current project I'm working on really has been going on for a long time. And I don't know why I'm so intimidated by it. I think I have this fear of messing the whole thing up. Who knows. I'm using scrap wood from Scott's Gramma's house. That's what makes it extra special I wanted to keep a piece of her house as they were tearing down a section of it. I'm sentimental like that. So, I decided to take a piece of "reclaimed wood", as it's now called, and make a sign out of it. I toyed with what to paint on the sign. I finally came up with "bind my wandering heart to thee". Come thou fount of every blessing is my FAVORITE hymn. It holds a special place in my heart. I sang it to both of my kids and still sing it every. Single. Night to Shep. The words are deep and rich. Ahhh, I just love it. No, I'm not finished with it but I am close! Here's the sneak peek of it. I should finish in the next few days (who am I kidding?) and will show you the finished product then!

No comments:

Post a Comment