Friday, November 8, 2013

This is a HUGE day...

I've been waiting for this moment for years… and it's finally here. Woohoo!!!! We finally have an egg!! I got my little chicks for Mother's Day this year. I've been wanting some for years. The stars finally aligned and we were able to get some locally. We bought 8 straight run chicks. That means you don't know which ones are hens and which are roosters. As they grew, we found that we had 4 of each. That worked out great because we only wanted four hens anyway. We gave the roosters away, with the exception of 1. We kept Cripple (we call him that because he has a leg deformity). We are just gonna let him roam. So, I went out to the coop to check on them today because I noticed the ladies have been doing a lot of "bock booking" lately and I figured the time was near. Sure enough, a little egg was waiting on me in the coop. Sheer excitement came over me. I cannot wait to go out to the henhouse daily and gather eggs!!! Here's a look back on the ladies growing up…

No comments:

Post a Comment