Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Barn Door

After finishing the nursery, Scott and I decided we wanted to move Ella's room downstairs so that we would have both kids close together. But where would we move her to? We only have 2 bedrooms downstairs and hers was upstairs (and HUGE too!). What we decided on finally (after going through virtually every scenario) was to move her into the study. Doing this posed a few problems though. One was closet space... the study has a built in book shelf instead of a closet. We are still working on that problem too! But the biggest problem was there would be no door to close for privacy. Option one would have been to close in the opening with sheet rock, paint, etc. I was a bit hesitant about doing this... I really wanted the kids to be able to have another exit option... In case of an emergency. No, I'm not paranoid. Just crazy like that.


Our solution? This COOL, incredible, sliding BARN door!!! We made it ourselves and are totally pleased with it... and it fits our style perfectly. It looks great from both sides... Ella's room is a "cowgirl" room so it worked out great!


Stay tuned for a tutorial on how you can make your own barn door!

Head on over to Beneath My Heart for more DIY projects... her blog is great!!

































5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Can't wait for the tutorial. Such a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely love this idea! I really, really want one in my house, but I don't have anyplace to put one. Believe me, I've tried to think of every possible location. You did a really nice job!

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu did that yourself? Amazing! I want to see how! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the tutorial. That is beautiful and really clever. I can't believe you made it yourself. I would love to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I absolutely love this door! Thank you so much for linking it to my party! Let me know when you share the tutorial. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete