Friday, May 28, 2010

Graduation gifts

It's that time of year again when I try to figure out what to get all the graduates. There are always so many and my budget is limited. So, this year I did something a little bit different. I got them a cup and a book. A book? Really? Say it ain't so! The last thing they need is a book seeing as how they will be going to college (hopefully) and they will be overwhelmed with books. But I think this is a perfect opportunity to arm them with great Christian classics like Pilgrim's Progress, Fox's Book of Martyrs and maybe even a commentary. I like to scoop up books when they are on clearance or if I find a really good deal on them.

I bought this cup at Target for $6.49. It's usually around $8 so pair this with a book and what a great gift! Hey... Father's Day is coming up and it can easily be made into a "manly" cup. I gave my hubby one of these. It's Camo on the inside. Quite manly indeed.

Photo-mug

I then took the paper out and used it as a template and put my own scrapping paper in it.

Template

To add a little "extraness" to it, I added a vinyl initial using my Cricut.

Cup

So, that's it... I hope they enjoy it! Oh, and Desiring God has a graduation sale going on that includes John Piper's book Don't Waste Your Life. That would make for a great gift set as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment