Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just a swingin...

We got a little crazy when we decided to redo our front porch. Our budget is $zero dollars$ so we are being quite creative! We went a little wild with the swing but I like the way it's turning out. I've always wanted to do something to my swings but staining them has been the extent of my ideas for them. That is... until we found this in the garage:

DSC_0748

Here is the before... it's really bad. I didn't realize how bad it looked until I saw this picture.

DSC_0743

We even painted the chains bronze... don't they look yummy?
DSC_0745



I'm not quite finished with it. Why not? Well... a momma's life is go, stop, go, stop. The go's are usually doing things like laundry, dinner, school etc. And the stops? The stops are feeding Shep becuause I have no choice but to sit down. I think that's God's way of slowing us down sometimes, ya think? So, during some of my go's, I've been working on finishing the swing. I want to distress it and not make it look so... so... bzzzt. No, that's not a word but if you try to sound it out, you'll get the sound effect I'm going for!

Here is a sneak peek:

DSC_0814

I'm working on an idea in my head for some cushions for the swing... and they involve burlap!! So fun! I SO appreciate my husband for braving the hot Alabama weather on Saturday to paint this for me. He knows I prefer not to sweat, being the southern gal I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment