Thursday, May 6, 2010

Theology Thursday

As I was contemplating what to write about today, the nursery rhyme "Mary Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow?" kept going through my mind. It could be because we recently planted a small, *tiny* garden in our backyard for Ella. It has tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and blackberries in it. Oh, and some flowers for decoration! So, as I go out to look at the garden each morning, "How does your garden grow?" runs through my mind. Of course we have to maintain the garden. We have to water, feed, weed, and nurture the tiny little box garden. If we don't commit to maintaining it, it simply will die!
Now, what does that have to do with Theology Thursday? Well, I think we can all ask ourselves, "How does our garden grow?" Can our lives as God's children grow, as gardens do, without nurture? Without water? Without food? Without commitment? NO! Therefore, I urge you...and most certainly myself... to nurture ourselves on the word of God. He is our source of life.

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. (John 6:35)
Here are some images from our garden planting... we had a great time and can't wait to harvest the fresh veggies!































No comments:

Post a Comment